|Salary:||$40 - $45 per hour + super|
|Posted:||16 days ago|
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the inner south eastern suburbs. The council put emphasis on inclusivity and development.
You will be initially contracted for 2 -3 months.
This council currently working in a hybrid model. There will be a split between working from home and the office.
This is a full-time opportunity, but the client would also consider part-time hours for the right person.
Your key responsibilities include:
- An innovative and independent work practice, cultivating positive working relationships across a diverse range of internal and external departments and organisations.
- Work in partnership with leaders across all departments providing support and on-going development and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) programs, policies, procedures and practices.
- Discover exciting opportunities for development and growth of established OHS initiatives to ensure a safe, healthy and sustainable working environment for staff, contractors and members of the public.
- Provide meaningful contribution to the formulation, delivery and evaluation of Council’s OHS action plans, develop benchmarking opportunities and identify quality improvement measures, ensuring sufficient training is provided to all relevant personnel.
You will have the following:
- Well-versed knowledge of all on-going OHS legislation, codes, regulations and licences.
- Proven experience in delivering dynamic OHS educational initiatives, with a keen focus on increasing awareness and engagement across the organisation.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work productively with personnel at all levels across a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment practices and proficiency in the development of Safe Work Method Statements and work plans.
- Relevant qualification in OH&S or related discipline with experience working hands-on in an OH&S environment, OR substantial relevant experience working hands-on in an OH&S environment.