Senior Accountant - Audit & Business Services (Mixed role)
Charterhouse are partnering with a CBD based accounting firm of 25 staff, hoping to make that 26 very soon!
They are on a mission to continuously improve their service delivery of tax, audit, superannuation and business advisory to an ever growing and exciting client portfolio.
- An office that celebrates everything! Always have decorations up eg women in business, Chinese new year, weddings, Christmas, an employee of the month, quarter & year.
- Once a month they do end-of-the-month get together
- Once a quarter they do a team event eg; cork & canvas, escape rooms etc.
- Involvement in Charity Fundraising events (Push-Up Challenge, City to Surf, amazing race)
- You will work across all 4 partners so you will be able to benefit from the diversity & different expertise.
- A lot of investment in technology, currently they use XPM and have just signed off for a new document management system.
- Work from home flexibility 1-2 days per week.
- Comprehensive induction program
- Paid study and exam leave & paid professional membership fees
- CA/CPA modules paid for
- Modern office fit-out – newly refurbished
- Monthly ‘spin the prize wheel’ for Core Values Champion and Team performer of the month
About the Role
Never stop developing your skills as you work across service lines and take care of high profile and complex accounting issues. Every single day is an adventure as you go from leading engagements to crafting and developing solutions for clients. With strong interpersonal skills, you will be a trusted advisor to your clients and a dependable mentor and coach junior team members. The role requires the mixed skills of Audit during the August to November rush and pre-30 June planning, as well as expanding your skill base in business services and business advisory.
This is a client facing role and you will be working with some of their largest national and international clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with partners & an ex big 4 manager, planning and executing audits with large proprietary companies, companies limited by guarantee, Not-for-profit associations and family groups;
- Preparation of financial statements (including general purpose financial reports)
- Direct involvement with Partner/Manager in the management of varied and professionally challenging client base
- Taxation and business advisory
- Client liaison and business development
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Ad hoc project work
- Ongoing training in audit and tax
We’re looking for someone with:
- CA or CPA qualifications and at least 3 years' in a similar mixed audit and business services role.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Experience mentoring staff and reviewing work of juniors
To be successful in this role you will need to work to strict deadlines and enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working environment.
To apply for the role please use the link provided or contact Sam Fisher directly on email@example.com