|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Vice President, Regulatory Reporting
- Globally Leading Financial Services Institution I Great Career Progression I Great Brand for CV
- Close to Public Transport I CBD I Supportive team
- $700 - $800 + super daily rate I Immediate Start I 6 months Contract with both extension and perm opportunity
About the company
You will join a well-known financial services institution, based in the Sydney CBD. The company's culture and team style is hard-working, collaborative and very rewarding for suitable candidates. With multiple footprints not just in Australia but also globally, the business is rapidly growing with more and more career opportunities within the organisation and in the industry.
A 12-month fixed-term contract opportunity for a strong financial reporting candidate with experience in financial services or public accounting area. You will predominantly focus on financial reporting, tax compliance, and regulatory reporting of assigned superannuation funds. The suitable candidate will have exposure to not just working with the senior team but also have exposure to working with external clients.
About the role
- Responsible for overseeing the regulatory reporting deliverables
- Overseeing both on-shore and off-shore team monitoring quality of their deliverables
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for timely clearance and signoff of the accounts
- Timely deliveries and execution of reporting according to agreed SLAs
- Act as a subject matter expert with regulatory reporting requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly returns to the regulators (APRA / ABS / RBA)
- Maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and controls to comply with regulatory requirements
- Drive process optimization & improvement
- Point of contact for external clients in relation to their reporting requirements and queries
- Acting as a subject matter expert
- Ad-hoc technical and operation support on accounting and tax related matters.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in accounting & finance; CA, or CPA qualified or other relevant qualifications
- At least 8 years of experience in financial reporting or tax reporting roles
- Experience in regulatory reporting and applications of accounting standards in accordance with AASB & IFRS and tax reporting, specifically in income tax returns and trust distribution calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for individuals with strong analytical, verbal and written communication credentials.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
What’s on Offer
Overall, this opportunity offers you a long term opportunity by initially starting on a 6 months contract role with multiple perks available for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.