- Effectively manage Council’s Work Cover claims, WorkCover premium and insurance to minimise costs
- This is a 2-3 days per week role and can be spread across your preferred days
- You will have relevant experience in WorkCover claims management and processing.
About the company
You will be working for a local government authority based in the south-eastern suburbs.
This position is to start ASAP and is initially contracted for 3 months, there is the potential to be extended and the role could result in a longer-term position. You will be working 2-3 days per week, and you can choose your preferred days.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Work Cover Claims Management
- Receive and process all WorkCover claims in a timely manner in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ensure all claims are investigated and appropriate recommendations are made to the Manager People & Culture and WorkCover Insurer regarding liability.
- Attend and support conciliation hearings and other relevant forums
- Undertake consultation with all relevant parties to ensure the effective rehabilitation and return to work of employees
- Conduct workplace assessments as part of developing Return to Work strategies
- Ensure lost time, medical and like expenses are assessed and investigated.
- Receive and process accounts and invoices assess validity and monitor under-excess liability.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in accordance with Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (WIRC Act).
- Produce reports, statistics and data as required on injuries reported and numbers and costs of claims lodged for the period.
- Undertake regular claims reviews with WorkCover Insurer
- Provide Managers with up-to-date information on the status and progress of all WorkCover claims
- Maintain the integrity of Council’s WorkCover claims management system and always ensure confidentiality.
- Provide effective advice, guidance and education to managers, coordinators, team leaders and employees on WorkCover issues.
- Maintain WorkCover and relevant Health & Safety records and assist in the development and maintenance of these elements of Council’s Human Resources Information System.
- Provide Payroll with all relevant information regarding employee Cost Time to Injury for timely processing.
You will have the following:
- Relevant experience in WorkCover claims and premium management and a detailed understanding of relevant legislation and procedures.
- Ability to analyse and manage WorkCover claims documentation and actions.
- Ability to undertake worksite assessments and prepare, implement, and manage Return to Work plans.
- Knowledge of and experience in attending conciliation and court hearings
- Knowledge and understanding of the WIRC Act and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge and practical application of the risk management process in an OH&S context.
- Knowledge of and experience in workplace OH&S issues
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research and analysis and prepare reports and other documents.
- Substantial experience in WorkCover and claims management.
- Ability to gain co-operation of staff and management.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office software such as Work, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Current Driver Licence.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focussed organisation.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace