|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the south eastern suburbs. The council put emphasis on inclusivity and development.
You will be initially contracted until the end of July but are likely to be extended and there will be opportunities for permanent positions too.
You will be working full-time Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Administration of Local Law permit applications for hoardings, cranes, vehicle crossings and road occupation and consents for ‘minor works’ under the Road Management Act
- Administration of Local Law permit applications for Footpath Trading
- Administration of applications for consents for minor works on Municipal Roads under the Road Management Act
- Review and analyse of all types of compliance issues in Amenity and Compliance as priorities and resources determine
- Draft customer service responses to complaints for Amenity and Compliance Coordinator
- Provide timely responses to customer requests in accordance with procedure and systems
- Provide excellent customer service when responding to enquiries face to face, over the telephone, through written and electronic correspondence
- Ensure you are fully aware and comply with the recordkeeping responsibilities detailed in the Records Management Policy
- Other duties as directed within the skills and abilities of a position at this level
You will have the following:
- You will have worked within Local Government previously or regulatory environment
- Basic working knowledge of building practices and administrative procedures in Local Government and the building industry
- Demonstrated experience providing a high level of customer service working in a community-oriented organisation
- Experience in interpreting relevant legislations and responding in line with policy and procedures
- A strong attention to detail and highly organised with the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at once and consistently meet deadlines.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today. If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.