|Location:||SA - Adelaide|
|Salary:||Up to $32ph|
|Posted:||20 days ago|
End User Support Specialist
The End User Support Specialist role exists to deliver effective Site Support activities.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting moderately complex delivery systems or network issues and escalate problem as appropriate. Assists with basic computing delivery systems configuration management. Performs basic end-user training.
The position is responsible for:
- The support of IT Devices and Systems.
- Performance of activities in line with the delivery of IT Services.
- Working and cooperating with IT staff to ensure that tasks & activities are coordinated in a timely and effective manner
- Delivery – Ensure appropriate detailed processes are followed to confirm efficient & effective delivery of IT operations.
- Escalates and coordinates resolution of basic hardware or networking issues to vendor/suppliers.
- Engagement – Participate in and respond to tasks as notified through the IT Service Desk.
- Compliance – Ensuring that IT operations meet enterprise technical and governance standards.
- Ensuring that Documentation, Policies and Procedures for Management of the Local Network Control Centre are current and align with NS Policies and Procedures.
- The day-to-day support, rectification and maintenance of IT equipment and Network infrastructure.
- Responding to tasks notified through the IT Service Desk.
- Actively engage the various business representatives to understand their drivers and IT needs
- Maintaining at all times a strong focus on effective delivery of results to the business units operating at the local site and providing general IT user support as required.
- Installing, upgrading, setting up IT hardware/Software, and carrying out minor board-level repairs.
- Maintaining appropriate configuration standards and procedures of all IT Hardware and software both Server and Desktop.
- Evaluating PC and Networking hardware and Peripherals as part of a project team to carry out IT infrastructure upgrade and testing projects.
- Supporting the National WAN/LAN in accordance with Central NS Policies and Procedures.
- Supporting the Local Network Control Centre in accordance with IT Network Services Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate information is exchanged for the effective resolution of customer issues (that span IT groups) in an appropriate timeframe
- Resolves basic hardware and network problems. May troubleshoot basic software and hardware issues for executive end-users.
- Provides and coordinates computing delivery systems configuration management
- Experienced in the support of networked PCs running Windows-based software applications
- At least 2 years’ experience in PC Support, with Windows 10.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC hardware and peripheral equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance to SECRET as required
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Certificate Level qualifications in IT and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to undertake adhoc tasks out of hours and available to be rostered for on-call duties when required.
- Drivers license and ability and willingness to travel to remote sites
- Appropriate formal qualifications
- Working knowledge of data communications principles and standards
- Exposure to Networking with Fibre and Ethernet LAN’s