|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||12 months ago|
About the Company:
This large government agency invests into the community to help improve the lives of children and families within NSW. They make it their responsibility to protect people from risk any significant risk and harm.
About the Role:
Support the Business Partner team in delivering the strategic finance oversight of a Division of the Justice Cluster. The role will provide an interface between the business operations and the central Finance team and other interested parties, including Treasury, and will provide relevant financial advice that enables senior staff to make decisions regarding operations.
- Provide support in delivering strategic, tactical and operational financial advice to Divisional executives to achieve their organisational goals, ensuring they meet the required standards of probity, equity and best practise in public administration.
- Assist, and provide analysis, in the preparation of high quality, timely financial reporting for the assigned Division to meet the organisational needs.
- Develop ground up budgets for the assigned Divisions, working with the Business Partner Director and Divisional executives to ensure the budgets reflect the businesses plans and remain within their budgetary allocation.
- Engage with key stakeholders to provide coaching and technical advice around financial controls and actions related to budget variances and provide recommendations regarding the structure of financial delegations and the impacts of changes in Government accounting policy or other financial issues which impact the business.
- Identify and report pressures on Divisional budgets, work with the Divisions in consideration and implementation of mitigation strategies to reduce the impact.
- Provide financial analysis and advice regarding the impacts arising from Divisional initiatives, including assistance with costing and consideration as to the sources of funding.
The role is based in Parramatta and will also visit customers currently based in Ashfield and the City as required.
- Tertiary qualified, CPA or CA qualification
- Experience with SAP
- Confident verbal and written communicator
If this sounds like you, please send your updated cv through to firstname.lastname@example.org