|Location:||ACT - Canberra|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
About the Company
My client, a department within the public sector. based in Central Canberra , requires an experienced Accounting/Finance Officer join a large team and to take control of their Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable / general ledger.
The role is based within a friendly and diverse team reports to the Finance Manager.
About the role: (not limited to)
- Management of purchasing and accounts payable and receivable functions, including quality assurance, and manage the processing and payments in conjunction with Shared Services Centre.
- End-to-end AP duties including queries
- Accounts receivable
- GST Calculations
- Contribution to financial reports
- Work alongside various stakeholders in the business and government agencies whilst working to service level agreements
- Recommend information and provide support to senior management and procurement regards supplier contracts & cash flow.
You will have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience of an Accounts Payable/Receivable port folio and its end-to-end functions
- Experience in working in a government department, or a similar role within a large organisation or company
- Demonstrated understanding of GST
- Demonstrated ability to contribute towards financial reporting
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal form with all stakeholders
- Helpful and patient demeanour when dealing with stakeholders
- Previous large ERP system usage - preferably Technology One
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- A current (recent) Police Check
- Fantastic team culture
- Positive and approachable leadership team
- Ethical, diverse and friendly environment
- Opportunity to work in a progressive environment
- Good office environment and on-site facilities
- Direct access to public transport
- Pay rate $30-37 per hour (plus super)