|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||10 days ago|
The perfect role for someone looking to move from an accounting firm into the corporate world of insurance
Charterhouse are partnering with a leading provider of integrated insurance & risk solutions. Their services include Investigations, Loss Adjusting, Forensic Accounting, Claims & Risk and Injury Management.
We are currently looking to recruit a Manager/Senior Manager to take over running the team and build the practice in Business Interruption and Financial loss claims.
You will be tasked with taking over management of the established practice, as well as being responsible for growth of the practice in the provision of forensic accounting services to the Insurance market. This includes the growth of the team.
You will be responsible for the review and preparation of financial loss insurance claims including business interruption, employee theft, third party crime, product recall and product guarantee.
You will be required to investigate claims through detailed analysis of accounting records, meetings and interviews with businesses, & general factual investigations.
The role requires you to assess quantum of losses suffered as well as negotiate losses with corporate management, brokers, lawyers, accountants and claims preparers.
A highly skilled report writer, you will be required to prepare reports for Insurers and businesses alike detailing employee theft and other third-party crime losses and business interruption claims.
Significant amounts of travel and business development are required, and candidates should enjoy both aspects.
Will be required to work closely with other departments including Loss Adjusting and Claims.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Meeting with clients – both Insurer clients and businesses – involves travel
- Reviewing, Assessing & Validating economic losses resulting from fraud and/or business interruption;
- Negotiate losses with key stakeholders, claimants, lawyers, accountants and brokers;
- Prepare and present evidence to Insurers via formal reports with appropriate conclusions / recommendations
- Business Development – Continually establish and promote market recognition with brokers and Insurers.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Experience in management role in Loss Adjusting, Forensic Accounting or Claims Preparation required;
- CA or CPA qualified recommended;
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent report writing skills – your reports may be used in court
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
If you think you have this skills and experience for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply via the button in this advert