|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
- They are looking to add an IT skill set to a successful Internal Audit team
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team
- Be part of a fast-growing financial services company
Charterhouse is currently partnering with a well-known financial services organisation based in Northern Suburbs of Sydney, easily accessible by Chatswood train station. We are searching for an experienced IT Internal Auditor to join an established and trusted team.
The IT Auditor is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on internal audit engagements relating to IT activities and processes across the company. This will include (but not be limited to) assessing the adequacy of the general and automated control environments and making recommendations to allow the organisation to achieve its objectives through the promotion of effective internal controls.
Your duties & responsibilities will include;
- Contributing to the preparation of the Annual Internal Audit Plan by assisting in identifying key IT risk and processes using a risk-based approach.
- Planning, identifying test strategies and executing testing of assigned IT-related Internal Audits.
- Proposing recommendations to address the root cause of issues and following up implementation of agreed management commitments.
- Discussing draft audit findings with stakeholders and obtaining management response commitments.
- Preparing audit reports including recommendations for identified control weaknesses.
- Maintaining quality and adequate work paper documentation.
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit in preparing reports for the Board Audit Committee on a regular basis detailing key audit findings and progress against the Annual Internal Audit plan.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an internal audit environment, preferably with Financial Services and/or Insurance experience
- You will have experience working in an IT Audit team, ideally in a Senior position
- Knowledge of IT standards and key regulations impacting on IT
- Sound understanding of auditing and risk management principles.
- IT risk experience in relation to IT general controls, application controls and security controls.
- An appreciation of both IT and business strategy
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills – Be comfortable communicating with other staff members and internal / external stakeholders
- Big 4 background his highly favoured
- A 12 Month Fixed term contract which has the potential to go permanent
- Be part of a fast-growing company with a market leading culture / environment
- $130,000 – $140,000 Package (negotiable)
If this sounds like the ideal next step for you or you would like more information, then please apply through this advertisement or contact Sam Sweeney (Senior Consultant, Charterhouse Partnership) through firstname.lastname@example.org