|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
Fantastic opportunity to join this collaborative team on a short-term contract with likely extensions.
This role requires the ability to independently manage specific complex and challenging projects relating to natural resource management and ecological function. Specifically, the suitable candidate will contribute to a multi-disciplinary branch undertaking policy, legislation and program design and review to facilitate strategic conservation planning in NSW.
About the role:
- Identifies, assesses and resolves problems concerning the environment. Providing insights based on the data and reporting.
- The ability to interpret spatial data
- Have a clear understanding of PCT mapping
- Make accessible land access information for experts (spatial and addresses)
- Develop and provide spatial representation of land access for western Sydney, Central Coast
- Run simple GIS models (e.g. proximity of patch size, constraint mapping) for Conservation Measures
- Assist flora/fauna species experts create species polygons (ArcGIS)
- For some projects, the consultant would assist in the development of short project plans including scope of the project, purpose of internal/external data service delivery; timelines/milestones/deliverables
- Pertinent tertiary qualifciations
- Conservation Planning experince
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and proficent user of Microsoft Office Package
Please send your resume through to or call Manuri Ranasinghe on 02 9641 2461.