|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||28 days ago|
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become an integral member of a national, highly regarded body corporate responsible for the administration and operation of the wholesale national energy market across Australia. You will be working in a supportive, encouraging and progressive environment and will focus on providing dedicated support to the Chief Governance Officer to ensure all secretarial and administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and prioritise incoming calls, e-mails and correspondence, alerting the CGO to those requiring action and drafting responses and re-directing others to personnel as appropriate.
- Coordinate all chaired meetings and manage the CGO’s diary including booking and notification of appointments and plan for all travel and accommodation requirements.
- Organise the Quarterly Risk and Audit Committee meetings including the booking of rooms and supply of equipment and catering.
- Ensure papers are submitted by the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Senior Managers as well as the CGO.
- Collate and review the submitted papers for grammar and format and prepare copies for the meetings.
- Ensure Board papers are submitted on time and collated and made available for Board members through multiple mechanisms.
- Prepare initial drafts of Board meeting ‘Agendas’, ‘Matters Arising’ and ‘Forward Plan’ documentation.
- Coordinate divisional meetings including preparing agendas, taking and distributing minutes and following up on action items.
- Ensure relevant papers are submitted and made available to the CGO prior to each meeting and assist with completing meeting action items assigned to the CGO.
Essential Knowledge and experience required to be successful
- Extensive experience in a similar role, within a large organization.
- Extensive experience with board level meetings.
- Experience in dealing with Boards, Senior Executives and Managers.
- Managing a complex executive diary and in arranging detailed travel arrangements (interstate and overseas)
- Draft and review Management reports and correspondence
- Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate – Advanced level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government structures and political policies affecting the energy sector
The role needs an experienced Executive Assistant who can be discreet, intuitive, and thoughtful, along with having strong corporate experience working at a similar level.