|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||13 days ago|
About the role
A well-known financial services business is in the middle of a huge transformation and are currently looking for a skilled accountant join their high performing finance team. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting support to ensure the successful implementation of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9.
- Build a detailed & in depth understanding of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 to support business decision making;
- Prepare detailed accounting papers & memos for the implementation of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9;
- Identify process efficiencies IFRS 17 to streamline processes
- Develop models and provide analysis of the impact of different assumptions and election choices;
- Partner with the Actuarial, Data Management Office (DMO) and technology the business’s needs
- Test developed data and technology solutions;
- Provide other support as required for USGAAP, AGAAP and APRA statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Consider implications on APRA reporting and taxation and work with the relevant stakeholders to develop understanding and solutions;
- As appropriate communicate with and explain to stakeholders the implications of adopting various assumptions and elections and explain how those decisions impact business operations and profit signatures;
- Ensure that the newly implemented processes are well documented and meet SOX and internal control requirements
- Work with Internal and External Auditors for review of elections, assumptions and reporting, providing all requested information in required time frame.
- Adhere to the group compliance obligations
- CPA or CA
- Minimum 5 years post qualified experience,
- Strong technical financial accounting skills including consolidation;
- Good understanding of International Accounting Standards;
- Previous experience of implementing complex accounting standards preferred
- Good understanding of APRA regulatory standards;
Please note only Permanent Residents and AU/NZ citizens will be considered for this opportunity.
How to apply
Please send through your application to Brooke@charterhouse.com.au or apply via the APPLY button.