|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
- Full time role in Sydney CBD
- Major project pipeline
- Competitive remuneration
In your new role, you will be accountable for overall programme responsibility around ETCS systems in conjunction with client requirements. You will deliver system specifications, variations, design approval, interface specifications and acceptance of sub-systems. This will include European Train Control Systems Level 2, Automatic Train Operation and Traffic Management Systems, Trackside, Onboard, Fixed Telecoms Network and a Digital Train Radio System.
This is the pivotal engineering role in leading and directing the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of engineering systems for programmes of work within TfNSW.
Playing a key role within the consulting leadership team, you will create & deliver a programme of work in line with business requirements and customer expectations.
You will also be tasked with generating new business and further growth opportunities for the company, by utilising your existing network.
- Work to deliver the requirements of the Digital Systems program which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW).
- Lead a part of the Digital Systems team to achieve business objectives by owning functional deliverables and interfaces that meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Lead and own the TMS element of the ETCS L2 system and be responsible for the integration of TMS with the other ETCS L2 sub-systems (Trackside, Onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO).
- Provide expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice. This will include the identification and recommendation of ways to reduce system costs and reduce construction time without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide leadership to the planning and implementation of TMS ensuring it is completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Contribute to the development of project requests for proposal (RFPs) and to the evaluation of proposals from contractors/subcontractors.
- Provide planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Work with the wider TfNSW team and stakeholders to deliver a collaborative and integrated solution that delivers on the client's requirement.
Skills and experience required:
- This role will suit an individual with a strong background in managing projects, including engineering management, leading functional experts and Traffic Management Systems. Experience of delivering rail projects to successful completion on time and within budget.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer working towards Chartered status.
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications.
- Strong background in engineering management off signalling projects, preferably a TMS or equivalent system.
- Knowledge of one or more of the ETCS L2 sub-systems (trackside, onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO). Experience with CBTC systems will also be considered.
- Experience of delivering rail projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes.
- Experience during the development and entry into service phase of new rail infrastructure.
- Knowledge/experience of working in the Australian rail industry; highly desirable
Please submit your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply