- Free weekly massages, get their product at cost price with monthly allowance
- Full training provided for Accounting Graduate
- Can be four days a week for the right candidates
Local alcohol beverage manufacturer, importer and distributor with a proud family history. They have a modern bottling facility where we blend and bottle our award-winning spirits.
They are on the lookout for an Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Department at our office in Laverton North (Onsite only).
This role will ideally suit someone who lives in the Western Suburbs.
The primary objective of the Assistant Accountant is to assist the Finance manager in carrying out professional accounting duties and matters related to the control of accounts to meet relevant month end objectives. This will involve in participating in all aspects of financial, cost and management accounting.
About the role
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the day to day accounting transactions
- Preparing monthly accounts
- Reconciling bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash
- Managing the AP function including the processing of invoices due for payment
- Managing the AR function including the allocation of payments
- Credit control of overdue payments
- Processing payroll and other related payroll tasks
- Reconciling GL accounts
- Adhoc duties as requested
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting
- Experience in Manufacturing is preferred
- Must have experience with intercompany transactions
- Experience with MYOB an advantage
- Experience in outstanding customer service ideal
- Strong numeracy skills, attention to detail and analytical skills to identify problems and develop practical solutions
- Understanding and general knowledge of accounting principles
- High level organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, be self-directed and work under minimal supervision
Benefits and perks
- Fantastic people and work culture with supportive management
- Job security working in an essential services industry
- On-the-job training and support
- $55-60k + super
- Access to a range of health & well-being initiatives, staff discounts and benefits such as cost price alcohol, free massages, free weekly lunches etc and most of all great people