|Salary:||Competitive day rate|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
A large infrastructure company based in the heart of Melbourne is seeking a cyber security analyst to join their advanced SOC until end of June 2018. Part of a team of 15 analysts, you will focus mainly on threat hunting, detection and intelligence capabilities as their level 1 is outsourced to an MSSP. Additional project work around network traffic visualization is under offer while your willingness to mentor the most junior members of the team will contribute to the success of the SOC.
- Provide root cause analysis and detailed impact of the cyber incidents
- Conduct analysis of the digital assets for the identification of malicious activities
- Consult with key stakeholders on operational security policy, processes and procedures
- Manage incidents until closing, including Advanced Persistent Threats
- Ensure detection platform are performing as expected and periodically review their performance
- Minimum 3 year's experience in a SOC focusing on incident detection and response
- Subject Matter Expert on operation security tools and security technologies
- Deep understanding of current threat landscape, including its actors, techniques and procedures
- Strong knowledge of network security and related threat detection technologies
- Leadership skills related to the coaching of junior cyber security analysts
- Hands-on Splunk experience mandatory, strong plus for Python scripting skills
Attractive role for well-rounded SOC contractors and for mid-level analysts seeking exposure to a large security center with projects work. Only candidates with full rights to work in Australia will be shortlisted. Please get in touch with Charlotte Bridault at firstname.lastname@example.org / + 61 02 9641 5134 for more details.