· Supportive and dynamic team environment
· Work for firm that values you and your development
· Flexible hybrid working options available
Charterhouse have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a leading firm, joining a collaborative internal finance team on a full-time basis. This is a great career opportunity to work across a broad range of tasks across finance, practice management, and operations and gain exposure to more than your typical accounting role. You will also be working closely with the general manager, who will create a clear career pathway to lead you into a finance manage role if this is the direction you choose.
You will gain experience contributing to business process improvements, structured learning opportunities, and plenty of team interaction to help you successfully apply your studies in the real world.
About the Firm
This is a leading Chartered Accounting (CA) and consultancy firm in Australia and New Zealand. With global links to the business’s international teams, providing a full-service solution to a diverse range of clients from large corporate organisations to privately-owned businesses as well as high net worth individuals.
Your position responsibilities:
- Preparation of all financial accounts, management accounts, BAS, tax returns, and other statutory obligations for the firm;
- Overseeing payroll function for the firm;
- Day to day supervision of three direct reports (Accountant, Assistant Accountant, and Finance Assistant);
- Involvement with other requirements such as finance/operational processes, Practice Management, and reporting; and
- Other duties and projects as required by the General Manager
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance or a related discipline;
- Completed CA or CPA qualification;
- Prior experience as a Financial Accountant;
- Tech-savvy with excellent digital fluency, ideally with APS experience;
- A positive, can-do, and hard-working attitude to work;
- Highly organised and have great time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills and a solutions-focused mindset; and
- A genuine interest and passion for starting a career in Accounting within an internal Finance Team;
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible/hybrid working options;
- Structured career pathways and planning;
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities;
- Rewards for your commitment with monthly team awards and work anniversary gifts;
- A great range of benefits and discounts from leading retailers;
- Firm-funded flu vaccines;
- Generous paid parental leave; and
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- If you have any questions prior to your application, please feel free to contact me prior to applying: email@example.com.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.