|Location:||Paddington, Municipality of Woollahra, New South Wales|
|Salary:||$65 - 75k + Super|
|Posted:||13 days ago|
Heavy Intermediate Accountant
- $65-75k inc super
- More advisory based work than compliance
- Located in Paddington
About the Company
Charterhouse are working with a well-established and growing mid-sized accounting firm based in Paddington to help find them an experienced Intermediate Accountant who is looking to kick on and become a Senior Accountant in the short-term. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a loyal and wide-ranging client base which ranges from multi entity smaller businesses to overseas multinationals who have operations here in Australia. The past 12-months have been a roaring success with more clients than anticipated coming on board, so this is a newly created role through growth. The bulk of their work comes from referrals, so they are looking for someone with a service first mind-set who is passionate about helping clients and finding solutions to problems. This is a firm who know how to do fun well and they’re looking for someone who wants to enjoy their time in the office. They have Quarterly targets and perks such as: BBQ’s, wine and pizza nights, themed nights out and of course, the Australian institution that is a big Melbourne Cup event.
About the Role
This position has a nice blend of compliance and advisory work to it, so your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of financial accounts and Tax Returns for Companies, Partnerships, Trusts and HNWI’s.
- Preparing and lodging BAS and IAS.
- Business structuring.
- Tax planning and advice.
- CGT Structuring and advice.
- Training and mentoring of graduates when they join.
- CA or CPA underway.
- At least 2 years working experience in an Australian Accounting Firm.
- A solid understanding of tax principles.
- Hands on use of cloud accounting software such as MYOB and/or Xero.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and have a go.
Culture & Benefits
- A high performing business with a family feel.
- Very supportive and inclusive environment.
- Fully funded CA or CPA training as well as study leave.
- Quarterly incentives such as BBQ’s, nights out and other events.
- Busy social calendar with Melbourne Cup, Christmas and EOFY events.
- WFH and flexi hour options.
- Highly modern office and state of the art tech.
- Regular internal and external training.
If you think you have the skills and experience for this position, please apply to this advert, email me at email@example.com or connect with me on LinkedIn.