|Salary:||$38.18 per hour|
|Posted:||9 months ago|
- Start immediately
- Local government based in the Western suburbs
- You will have previous FOI experience in a local council
- Process applications made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 within statutory time frames.
- Liaison with applicant, third parties and other agencies as required to efficiently process Freedom Of Information applications.
- Make decision relating to the release of Council documents under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Organise council meetings
- Provide guidance to other staff members in all actions pertaining to applications made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 within statutory timeframes.
- Develop and deliver training programs and information sessions to enable staff to meet their responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- Contribute to other activities of the Governance Unit including the administration of Council meetings, the administration and conduct of citizenship ceremonies, the administration and production of Councillor publications and other governance services required by the organisation, all under the direction of the Senior Governance Officer or the Manager Governance.
- Significant experience processing Freedom of Information and Information Privacy requests
- Experience working for a Local Government authority in a Governance team
- Demonstrated ability to manage and process Freedom of Information and Information Privacy requests.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities, procedures and documentation required to achieve good governance practices across an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information and sensitive issues within a political environment.
- Ability to manage timely and relevant oral, written, presentation and web-based communications including the preparation of letters and reports.
- Current Police check and Victorian Drivers Licence.