|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
The Staff Communications Specialist will work closely with the Manager of Staff Communications though will have a considerably degree of autonomy.
You will be responsible for the management and leadership of major communications projects led by portfolios and professional service units. You will be expected to manage high level relationships across the organisation and ensure an integrated approach to communications. The position also includes an editorial decision-making role to ensure the development of high-quality, audience driven messaging and content for a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Provide audience-driven strategic communications advice and leadership for professional service units and colleagues in the Marketing and Communications Division. Where required support the Manager, Staff Communications in providing expert advice for senior staff.
- As managing editor supervise the collation, sub-editing and publication of the weekly Staff News e-newsletter. Provide editorial leadership to develop the quality of content and increase readership for the publication
- Undertake communications planning and assist implementation for organisation-wide projects. This work should be driven by audience/stakeholder needs, divisional strategy and the overall strategic plan.
- Take initiative to source, create, support and develop high-quality audience-driven messaging and content for a variety of communications channels, including the intranet, Staff News, the website, broadcast emails, enterprise social media and other channels as available.
- Oversee company-wide face-to-face communications events, including all-staff forums and search conferences. Act as supervisor for Staff Communications Officer/s for event planning and implementation.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to ensure that strategic goals are achieved and that staff communications are integrated with other marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and plans to meet strategic and business requirements.
- Significant experience writing and editing targeted communications to meet strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to tailor writing style for different audiences and for different media.
- Demonstrated ability to edit copy written by others to ensure a publication is of a standard that meets editorial requirements and is shaped to meet its target market.
- Experience managing social media and digital communications channels.
- Well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders within a complex organisation.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related discipline or demonstrated equivalent relevant professional experience
Please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vasil Spassov on 02 9641 5126.