|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
About the role
You will be working for a council based in the inner suburbs. They are passionate about their culture and the people they hire.
You will be working in a dynamic customer technology department, supporting the director and 4 managers.
This is a full-time position; you will be working Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm. You will be working in the offices.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To provide administrative and secretarial support (including monitoring emails) in response to requests, complaints, and enquiries from external and internal customers
- Maintain an appointment diary and inform of various applicable invitations/appointments
- Co-ordinate meetings with Councillors, staff, politicians, and members of the public
- As required, arrange and co-ordinate attendance at seminars/conferences including travel arrangements and registrations
- Research and draft responses to correspondence/emails and/or liaise with the relevant Council Officers for preparation of correspondence or replies
- As required and in conjunction with the Venues Unit, organise official functions
- Obtain the necessary background material and liaise with the Marketing and Communications Unit regarding preparation of speeches as required.
You will have the following:
- Substantial experience in providing administrative and secretarial support at executive level in a complex multi-disciplinary organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations of a Council
- Well-developed strategies for building relationships and gaining the cooperation of various stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to problems/issues
- Strong written communication skills with experience in producing documents such as agendas, meeting minutes and reports and preparation of external correspondence on behalf of an executive.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a growing prosperous council. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today. Or if you have worked for a local government previously and are looking for your next opportunity please do get in touch.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.