|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
IT Business Analyst – Baseline Clearance
About the Company
This government body who provides help to the Australian Defence Force, who have support in Canberra and Melbourne.You will be the Business Analyst with specific experience in technology-based BA to audit and review the IT cell’s systems. The intent is to recommend systems and business practice improvements that are in concert with identified future needs of the government body.
About the Role
- Consulting and liaise with key stakeholders including headquarters, Senior academic staff, Blended Learning staff and staff working in remote (digitally connected) locations
- An assessment of the IT cell’s support of the organisation, to audit the existing IT capability and deliverables, establish risk exposures from hardware, software, and business process, understand business strengths and areas for improvement. This assessment will produce recommendations for business structure and processes to best support the company while considering external resourcing pressures
- Other assessments of the current system and supports as appropriate, including the identification of gaps and opportunities for improvement and futureproofing.
The deliverable for this review will be a report detailing:
- A statement of the current capability, resources, and deliverables
- High level and detailed conclusions from the consultation and assessment processes
- A summary of recommended changes. Sorted by priority, risk, and consequences. With particular focus on quantity or personnel, contractors or hours required to achieve changes
- An estimate of the resources required for the implementation and maintenance of any recommended changes
- A timeline of the recommended changes to not exceed January 2022.
- Expectation that up to up to two days per week will be managing projects within the IT cell
- This will involve providing assisting IT staff in setting priorities, applying project management principles to current projects, creating, and updating project documentation, and liaising with external stakeholders to coordinate activities.
Governance Record Keeping:
Ensure that records of meetings, decisions, reports, and deliverables are stored within the Defence records management system.
You will have experience with:
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to translate and document stakeholder and business needs into solution requirements
- Experience developing business cases which define benefits, options to achieve these through development of new or changed processes and identify business risks and resourcing
- An understanding of Defence Information Technology (IT) systems and the IT needs of a training environment
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working with well-established Government body
- Working within an agile environment
- Working on an exciting project
How you can Apply
Click APPLY or contact Jesse Kewley-Graham on 0478494311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace.