|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$150,000 - $180,000|
|Posted:||27 days ago|
This leading media company has recently been going through a large transformation of work. With multiple new systems and applications being implemented the need for an up and coming Architect with skills across AWS and SaaS are needed to join their highly professional and driven team. In this role you will work in a highly collaborative environment, you will enjoy working in fast paced roles where you will work across multiple teams and create solutions with vendors.
The Solution Architect has technical oversight across all Workstreams and will help define the strategic vision for the technology. They will work closely with the Business Analysts and Product Owners for each Workstream to evaluate the capabilities and requirements for all solutions. Through consultation with our technology partners and our internal Design Authority group, the Solution Architect will develop an architecture roadmap and a clear technology strategy that will define numerous platforms to be implemented by our Implementation partners, our internal Infrastructure Team and our internal Development team. An enthusiastic approach to the capabilities of the AWS platform coupled with a willingness to continue developing and configuring solutions with the team will be essential.
- Possess strong business acumen and a thorough understanding of different business models in the education, government and commercial sectors.
- Analyse and challenge commonly held assumptions and accepted solutions in the current technology architecture.
- Examine and develop alternative technology solutions that are innovative and drive digital transformation.
- Able to strike a balance by reducing our widespread technical footprint across many technologies whilst exploiting new opportunities in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with our strategic partners, primarily in Enterprise Architecture and Program Management.
- Drive and champion standardisation and seek the reduction of complexity in technical design.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to translate the business requirements into viable technology solutions.
- Monitor and analyse the market for trends and directions for each Workstream
- Possess a deep and extensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services and the various technology solutions it offers.
- Keen to maintain hands-on practical experience working on AWS including automation, configuration and design.
- Able to create and maintain technology roadmaps with changing requirements
- Create software architecture diagrams for Logical, Process, Physical and Development views that are simple and tailored for non-technical audiences and various stakeholders to provide clear communication tools.
- Must have recent experience of cloud migrations for Software, Platform and Infrastructure as a service.
- Previous experience of network design will be highly regarded.
- Provide guidance and advice on technical choices for implementation partners and internal IT teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mentor, train and guide IT team members.
- Able to prioritise workload to meet challenging project timelines.
- Able to work effectively on digital and cloud projects with solid agile practices adhering to lean principles.
- Contribute positively and proactively to the project, and willing to cross functional boundaries and roles to get things done in a flat organisational structure.
To be successful for this position you will need to display:
- Over 5 years demonstrated project team experience delivering complex solutions in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of operational, finance, CRM and online systems, especially SaaS applications
- Experience of middleware integration products and patterns.
- Good technical understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital strategy
If you have the above experience and want to join a fun, fast paced passionate team please forward your resume to email@example.com or call me on 9641 2453.