|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||Up to $70kpa + super|
|Posted:||10 months ago|
Our client is currently looking to hire a Service Desk Analyst to proactively provide phone, on-site and remote IT support and to ensure that IT queries are responded to in a timely manner. The role is customer focused and requires strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication abilities. While escalation support is available, there is an expectation that the person has adequate skill and experience to resolve the majority of first line support calls.
They are looking for an energetic individual with a can-do attitude who can clearly communicate with non-technical people. To be successful in the role you will need to be able to multi-task in a fast paced ever changing environment and be willing to work 8-hour shifts between 7:00am -9:00pm.
What you’ll do:
- Attend to the service desk telephone support line ensuring all calls are answered within acceptable levels.
- Manage the queue of work requests that come through as e-mail and self- service portal tickets.
- Pursue improved processes for the IT team to better support the group.
- Escalate and manage escalations appropriately.
- Provide input into the group IT strategy and ensure it meets the clinical and business needs.
- Identify and advise all areas of risk in both clinical information systems and processes and develop practices to mitigate those risks.
- Ownership and management of incidents and requests through to resolution.
- Work to resolve incidents and problems as and when they arise.
- Escalate to the most appropriate person where incidents cannot be resolved over the phone or by remote access.
- Ensure that clinical and operational aspects of IT are delivered to the business with the aim of ensuring full operational functionality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure stable and reliable IT systems are provided to the group.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, management and other employees within our client’s network.
Who you are:
- Knowledge and experience of IT service desk practices, PC build, installation and support
- Related experience and training.
- 2+ years setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software.
- Windows desktops and laptops, as well as iOS devices, in a networked environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite & Sharepoint.
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc).
- High Experience of Active Directory and administration, Exchange Administration and basic PowerShell commands
- Familiarity with CMS software such as SCSM, Remedy, Heat, Service-Now etc.
- Experience working within the ITIL v3 framework
- Able to support a variety of IT platforms and environments
- Experience supporting Outlook in Office365 environment.
- Citrix, VMware and basic server exposure.
- Experience supporting a variety of WiFi-enabled devices.
- Experience supporting remote users.