|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
A new opportunity for an income tax and indirect taxes expert has become available within the Group Tax Division. Reporting to the Tax Manager, this is a permanent full-time position based in the North Sydney head office.
- Preparing and assisting the business and its group entities with tax effect accounting, including tax effect of any major transactions.
- Preparing and assisting with the review of Australian income tax returns, FBT returns and BASs, including fuel tax credits.
- Assisting tax audits and/or review by the ATO, internal or external auditors.
- Assisting with tax research and opinions.
- Manage tax risks relating to income and indirect taxes from evolving legislation and communication to management.
- Contributing to tax initiatives, policy/procedures and process improvements.
- Assisting Tax Manager with any ad-hoc tax related enquiries, cross border transactions and/or projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including BU, Projects, HR, Finance, Legal and Revenue authorities, including ATO, State Revenue Authorities and their advisors.
Requirements of the successful candidate:-
- Strong communication and people management skills,
- Asia, NZ and PNG tax experience highly regarded,
- Excellent organisation skills to deal with conflicting demands,
- Strong work commitment to meet tight deadlines,
- Ability to work autonomously, proactively and independently with Projects and Business Units,
- Advanced Excel skills,
- Up to date technical and research skills.
- CA or Masters of Tax with Big 4 background and commercial experience of minimum 4 years preferable.