||about 1 month ago
- Government experience highly regarded
- EBA negotiation experience
- HR qualification
- Initially contracted until the middle of December 2021
About the company
This busy Local Government authority based in the north-eastern suburbs are looking to engage a business partner for their people and culture team. This is a full-time role, initially contracted until the middle of December 2021. The Local Government have commenced Enterprise Agreement negotiations and are looking for an experienced Business Partner to join their People & Culture team to undertake project work in this space.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Project coordination of the negotiation of the Enterprise Agreements. This includes:
- Scheduling all meetings with the relevant unions
- Providing secretariat support
- Preparation of all necessary documentation and minutes of all meeting
- Update applicable HR policies and procedures
- Interpret and apply a range of employment related legislation, including Awards, Agreements and Acts.
- Provide advice and support to supervisors and coordinators in relation to the application of managing conduct and performance guidelines.
- Undertake routine employee relations case management.
- Provide advice and support to leaders and employees through change processes and restructures.
- Provide advice and support in resolving interpersonal disputes.
- Coordinate Council’s work experience/tertiary placements programs
- Implement the P&C Strategy in close cooperation with line managers and Senior P&C team members.
- Undertake HR projects in line with the broader P&C Strategy.
You will have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience working in a similar HR role.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to gain co-operation and assistance from the senior management team, supervisors and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to determine customer and stakeholder needs for a range of people management and employee relation matters.
- A high level of integrity with the ability to maintain composure and understand the importance of confidentiality and integrity in all dealings.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and provide advice on employment related legislation to a broad audience.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be joining a supportive team in a great inner city suburb location You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
Please APPLY today by submitting your resume.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace