|Posted:||13 days ago|
- Excellent management & strategic opportunity
- Financial services - payment
- Great work values & culture
My client is a leading financial services organisation based in Sydney CBD.
They are going through an extensive period of growth and due to this they are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager / Software Development Manager to join their business on a permanent basis.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to manage 2 teams of total 10-15 developers to build the roadmaps, drive the projects (both greenfield and BAU), provide training and mentoring to developers and communicate with the key business stakeholders.
My client is looking for someone who understands the challenges of implementing automation in an organisation, how to best move forward with CI/CD whilst maintaining code quality.
You will also be part of building strategy, process improvement and an Excellence Engineering Centre
In order to be successful in your application for this position you will need to have the following experience:
- A strong technical understanding and development experience ( java beneficial )
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience and ability to lead and inspire your team to success
- Stakeholder management - dealing with counterparts, HO Tech, vendors and various business stakeholders
- Good understanding of automation / CI/CD Pipelines
- Proven experience in significantly improving the team’s productivity by introducing and managing latest development practices, such as TDD, BDD, automation, continuous code quality monitoring and improvement.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines and cloud enabled services and technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Knowledge of banking and financial systems and business principles (electronic payment systems, settlement, etc.) is highly appreciated