|Salary:||$31-$33 per hour + super|
|Posted:||14 days ago|
- Experience working for a Local Government authority
- Working for a vibrant Local Council
- Knowledge and experience in community based event organisation desirable
About the company
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the Western suburbs. The council put emphasis on inclusion and development for the community. You will be supporting the Events and Culture team in the planning of community festivals and events.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide general administrative and event support for the Events Team.
- Provide support in processing external event permit applications.
- Provide day-to-day timely and accurate customer service for external event enquiries.
- Assist with the implementation and support the delivery of Council’s suite of programmed festivals and events.
- Actively contribute to the development of community focused event opportunities and maintain positive working relations with staff, members of the general public and key stakeholders.
You will have the following:
- Knowledge and experience (and/or study) in community-based event organisation and promotion is desirable.
- Previous administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and various social media applications
- Flexibility to work a five day week including some after hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment and positively contribute to the culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide effective communication at all levels.
- Flexibility in approach to work practices, with the ability to adapt and show initiative in a dynamic and demanding environment
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today or email email@example.com. If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.