|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
About the Company:
This government entity was formed in 2019 and is the lead NSW Government agency for supporting NSW to grow effectively and sustainably. The Cluster drives greater levels of integration and efficiency across key areas such as long-term planning, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
About the Role:
This position sits within the Business Advisory team which acts as the finance business partner to executive and senior management in the Department and their associated agencies. The Business Advisory team takes the lead role in providing business and financial advisory services for assigned divisions, including internal budgeting and forecasting, labour analytics, capital reporting and planning, divisional management reporting, business case development and development of risk and savings plans.
- Develop and prepare consolidated divisional monthly financial management and dashboard reports and financial statements in consultation with Business Advisory team members, including the monthly divisional consolidated executive report.
- Prepare consolidated divisional reporting submissions to central cluster teams as requested.
- Provide timely, expert financial and accounting information and advice to the Manager Business Advisory Budget & Reporting on key reporting deliverables.
- Prepare consolidated divisional reporting submissions required by central cluster teams including cash management, forecast, savings target and business monitoring and analysis to support divisional and cluster management’s ability to understand and make decisions about current and future business performance.
- Build the confidence and support of stakeholders, clients and peers to manage diverse and frequently urgent and competing business requests and demand deadlines in a complex, demanding environment of significant change.
- Research and resolve enquiries and complex, new or emerging issues and provide advice, recommendations and options for resolution, including innovative ideas to improve process and internal control efficiency and performance.
- Identify and deliver finance and related initiatives in partnership with other stakeholders and teams to build performance that supports people and business objectives.
- CPA/ CA qualified.
- Expertise in preparing executive level management reporting packs, budgeting and Finance business partnering.
- Exceptional ability to deliver concise and relevant written communications.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting principles and practices.
- Public sector experience preferred.
If this sounds like you then please click apply or send across your updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org