|29 days ago
- You will be working closely with an archiving officer and reporting into the Archiving team leader
- You will have an archiving background, preferably within Local Government
- 3 month historical records archiving project | Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work in the office
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority in the inner eastern suburbs assisting with a historical records archiving project.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work in the office.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Processing all daily correspondence and document management functions in a timely and efficient manner, and in accordance with the relevant records management guidelines and legislative requirements
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Arrange storage and collection completed matters/ hard copy archive files
- Ensure up-to date accurate records of files awaiting archiving
- Receiving and shelving boxes of records transferred for storage.
- Removal of records from shelves and packing them for destruction
- Processing, sorting, and cataloguing records
- Project work in the archives team
- Adhoc duties as requested
You will have the following:
- Archiving experience, ideally within Local Government
- Either qualifications in Information Management or have proven experience within the field
- PDF manipulation Be process driven and maintain strong accuracy
- Proficiency with the MS Suite
- A positive and proactive attitude towards work
- The ability to manage multiple tasks each with competing deadlines
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your local government knowledge and work for a council who puts importance on staff development. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace